We are pleased to welcome you to our practice and hope you understand that our mission is to provide your family with quality healthcare and courteous customer service. However, we do need your help! Please take a few moments to read through our guidelines.
- Appointment Cancellation Policy: 24 hour notice is appreciated so other patients can be accommodated.
- Missed Appointments: Three (3) consecutive missed appointments without proper notification will be cause for dismissal from practice with advance notice.
- Prescription Refill Notifications: Please contact your pharmacy and request them to send an e-prescription request to our office and it is necessary to allow 24 hours. For control substance, such as ADHD refills, a three (3) day advance notice to our office is required. ADHD scripts cannot be faxed or phoned to a pharmacy.
- Returned Calls by Physician: The Doctor will return phone calls as promptly as possible. However, please remember that when you call during office hours, he is often with a patient and your call will be addressed during a break in his schedule. Most calls are returned at the end of the day. As a helpful reminder, when you call the doctor, please do so from an "unblocked" phone... otherwise he will be unable to return your call.
- After Hours Phone:(469)389-0081 During all closed business hours, calls will be answered by Dr.Bodavula. Triage will be able to provide you with proper care instructions.
- Transfer of Records: Please provide 2-week notice to ensure timely record transfer.
- Payments: Co-pays are due for sick visit for commercial insurances and CHIP.
Divorced/Separated Parents Policy
At Garland Pediatric Practice, our goal is to partner with parents for healthy kids. We appreciate that child(ren) with divorced or separated parents may present with unique challenges, and we require parents to work with us through those challenges. This policy was developed to avoid any misunderstandings going forward.
- The providers, medical assistants, nurses, office, and billing staff will not be put in the middle of domestic issues or disagreements over the phone or in the office.
- Please make decisions regarding appointments, vaccinations, and/or any office procedures prior to visiting our practice.
- Only in situations where there is a documented court order will one parent be denied access to the minor’s health record or visits at the office. Garland Pediatric Practice must have a copy of the court order on file in the minor’s electronic medical record.
- It is both parents’ responsibility to communicate with each other about the patient’s care, office visit dates, and any other pertinent information relevant to the patient. It is not the responsibility of Garland Pediatric Practice to communicate visit information to each custodial parent separately.
- Our providers will not call the other parent prior to an appointment to gain consent regarding appointments scheduled, nor will they take a call from the other parent following an appointment. We will not restrict either parent’s involvement in the patient’s care unless authorized by law; however, we also will not duplicate information delivery unless directed by law.
- We will send reminders of upcoming appointments by text and/or phone call. We can send this reminder to only the primary phone number listed on the patient’s account. The parent or guardian that completes and signs our new patient packet will be the chart guarantor and therefore receive these reminders.
- All copays, deductibles, coinsurances, and any other fees are due at the time of the visit and are the responsibility of the parent accompanying the patient to the appointment. If there is an arrangement between the parents about split payment, it is the responsibility of the parent attending the appointment to collect from the other parent.
Should the issues that come between parents become disruptive to our practice or there is non-compliance with this policy, we reserve the right to discharge the family from our practice.